Sector Led Improvement
IEWM provides a focus for Sector Led Improvement on behalf of all local authorities within the West Midlands. We work closely with the Local Government Association and other sector support networks to promote strong sector ownership, collaboration and engagement in the agenda.
Our work essentially involves:
- Supporting sector led improvement networks at the national and regional level to share and promote best practice;
- Maintaining an overview of regional performance challenges and activities and providing a forum for open discussion and action around our improvement priorities;
- Working closely with all authorities to understand their improvement needs and providing support to those with particular needs;
- Working closely with the LGA and other agencies on significant issues to maximise available capacity and resources.
We do this via:
- A unique West Midlands Sector Led Improvement Compact;
- The publication of an annual Performance of the Region report and Performance Highlights throughout the year;
- A Regional Sector Led Improvement Group which oversees and challenges performance improvement on behalf of the region;
- Regional Improvement Boards for Adult Social Care and Children's Services;
- A range of practical tools and support including locally-led and developed peer reviews, self-assessment toolkits, peer to peer challenge and performance summits.
You can read more about our work on Sector Led Improvement in our regular bulletins:
- West Midlands SLI Bulletin No 1 – November 2013
- West Midlands SLI Bulletin No 2 - January 2014
- West Midlands SLI Bulletin No 3 – February 2014
- West Midlands SLI Bulletin No 4 - March 2014
- West Midlands SLI Bulletin No 5 - June 2014
- West Midlands SLI Bulletin No 6 - September 2014
- West Midlands SLI Bulletin No 7 - January 2015
- West Midlands SLI Bulletin No 8 - December 2015
Sue Banks, Director